FULL MARATHON TEAM RELAY
DATE: Saturday, August 31, 2019
START/FINISH: Winnequah Park - Monona, WI
START TIME: 7:00 A.M.
Do you want to participate in The Rockin Brews Marathon but prefer a shorter distance? Recruit your team of six runners and make it a team effort. It's fun and easy! There will be a Team Meet-Up Area 1/2 block before the Finish Line for those wishing to cross the Finish Line as a team. Every team member will receive an official race shirt, pre-race snacks, post-race snacks, a goodie bag, unlimited beer or soda and an awesome finisher medal.
1st Leg - From Winnequah Park To Olin Park - 4.3 Miles
2nd Leg - From Olin Park To Olbrich Park - 5 Miles
3rd Leg - From Olbrich Park To Winnequah Park - 3.8 Miles
4th Leg - From Winnequah Park To Olin Park - 4.3 Miles
5th Leg - From Olin Park To Olbrich Park - 5 Miles
Last Leg - From Olbrich Park To Winnequah Park - 3.8 Miles
FULL MARATHON RELAY
- Team Captain of your relay or designated person may pick-up the team packet, which includes your matching bib numbers, slap bracelet, safety pins, T-shirts, timing chip and other goodies.
- Bib Numbers will be worn on the front.
- Chip / Slap Bracelet - All teams will be given one computer chip and 1 slap bracelet. The first person will start the race with the slap bracelet on their wrist. Relay participants will hand off the slap bracelet - this is your baton. The last person will cross the finish line with a chip on their bib and the slap bracelet on their wrist or the team will be disqualified.
- Exchange Areas are well marked. Please look for your exchange areas when approaching the transition locations. Please try to be courteous to faster participants. It is often advisable for teams to wear bright matching shirts, hats, shorts, etc. If you plan to exchange clothes, have that prearranged with your team members. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Each relay exchange area will include refreshments and port-a-potties.
- Team Meet-Up Area is 1/2 block before the Finish Line for those wishing to cross the Finish Line as a team.
EXCHANGE DROP OFF LOCATIONS
One vehicle can be used for dropping off and picking up relay team members. The easiest way to do it is to drop off Runner 1 at the Starting Line and then drive the rest of the team to the first exchange at Olin Park where runners 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 will be waiting. Runner 2 will take the slap bracelet and run to Olbrich Park where Runners 1, 3, 4, 5 & 6 will be waiting. Runner 3 will take the slap bracelet and run to the Starting Line where runners 1, 2, 4, 5, & 6 will be waiting. Repeat this until runner 6 receives the slap bracelet and then the team will meet up 1/2 block before the finish.
START & FINISH - 1013 Nichols Rd Monona, WI 53716 (at corner of Healy Ln)
TEAM MEET UP - 1011 Nichols Rd Monona, WI 53716 (at the parking lot entrance to the Monona Community Center)
EXCHANGES #1 & #4 - Olin Park & Olin Ave - 1156 Olin-Turville Ct Madison, WI 53715
EXCAHNGES #2 & #5 - Olbrich Beach - 3527 Atwood Ave Madison, WI 53714